IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Questions about Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serenity101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions about Islam
    Posted: 04 December 2012 at 5:04pm
I have been studying alot about Islam, currently a Christian, and I just want to know how you guys are sure that Islam is the Truth?

There are alot of similarities between Islam and Christianity, as well as major differences.

Do you as Muslims believe that you can have a relationship with God, that he is active and present in our daily lives? etc. etc.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by serenity101 serenity101 wrote:

I have been studying alot about Islam, currently

What resources have you explored?

a Christian, and I just want to know how you guys are sure that Islam is the Truth?

How are you sure as a christian that Christianity is the truth?
'Belief system' is one that does not work on logic. If works on faith which resides in the 'spiritual' heart. So its a mistake to try to prove belief and faith with logical claims. One needs to experience certain things with an active heart to make sure about the truth.

There are alot of similarities between Islam and Christianity, as well as major differences.

Absolutely, I can understand that observation.

Do you as Muslims believe that you can have a relationship with God, that he is active and present in our daily lives? etc. etc.

Yes. Not just believe but have experienced it spiritually.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 3:14am

I have been studying alot about Islam, currently a Christian, and I just want to know how you guys are sure that Islam is the Truth?

As'alaamu Alaikkum

First of all let me say that I understand your eagerness to learn more about Islam as I used to be a Christian too. Your curiosity is sparked by God Himself as only He can guide people to the Truth.

I know Islam is the truth because reading the Holy Qur'an I am convinced that no human being is capable or producing the Qur'an. If you read it with an open heart and without any prejudices you will see that there are statements within the Holy Qur'an that no human being will be able to make. Also there are stories of Prophets particularly Abraham, Moses aand Jesus (peace and blessings of Allah be upon them all) that cover a few chapters and in my opinion if a human being starts to tell a story continously for a few chapters then he will ultimately make mistakes. There will be contradicions and errors mainly human.

Islam is the only true monotheistic religion that continues the tradition that was handed down to Abraham (Alayhi Salaam). The Jews have earned the wrath of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala because of their rejection of Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) as the Messsiah, and the Christians are astray because they teach the concept of the Holy Trinity which is polytheism.

If you believe in your heart that there is only One God then you will understand what Islam is all about. By the way if you do not know, a Muslim is simply an Arabic term for a person who has submitted to the Will of God.

I don't want to talk about the similarities and the differences between the two religions as we will fill up pages and pages of replies. I suggest you have a look at the Interfaith Secton of this forum.

Muslims more than any other religious group have a personal relationship with God Almighty. I say this because a Muslim prays five times a day and they suppicate to Him directly without any intercessors like saints. When you want to ask God for something, you simply ask Him direct.

What I did was I took my time in becoming a Muslim, I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, God only knows. People were pressuring me to take the Shahada as soon as possible because you could die tomorrow. I only took it when I was ready. Also nobody can force you to become a Muslim. Becoming a Muslim is a personal choice and it is personal thing between you and your maker. Now that I have taken the Shahada I feel that I have at least one tiny chance of salvation. There is a Hadith in which Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) says that when Allah Subhana Wa T'ala) created the world he only gave 1 mercy out of 100 and the rest of the 99 mercy will be released on Judgment Day. So imagine a person who has just taken the Shahada and dies......

Allahu Alum!

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 10:45pm
As'alaamu Alaikkum

I want to further add these points.

God Almighty maker of heaven and earth has always been outside of His creation, He has never visited the earth no any human being has seen Him.

Ask yourself this question and answer it yourself.

Do you really think that God Almighty maker of heaven and earth requires for Himself to become a human being and then sacrifice Himself for the sake of humanity? Does this make sense to you?

Also does belieiving that Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) is a great Prophet of God and the mighty Messiah or that he is the son of God or God incarnated, which makes sense to you?

By reading the Bible, can you see the discrepancies and the inconsistancies in it? Why was the concept of the Trinity introduced suddenly in the New Testament? Can you see the shifting away of the teaching in the Old Testament of a One True God to the teaching of the Trinity in the New Testament?

Anyway, all I can do is to pray that God Almighty maker of heaven and earth guide you to the Truth Ameen.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 10:51am
Assalamalecum Wa rehmatullahi WA barakhatahu.if you start Reading Qur'an,there is a verse in ch 112 v 1-4,that states Allah is one,Allah is eternal,He is neither born or nor had given birth to begotten,there is nothing that can match him.Muslims have close relationship with Allah because when we offer Salah(prayer) 5 times a day,we are reciting verses of Qur'an so we not only pray but we receive guidance from Allah to lead our life,for eg Surah Al hujurat ch 49 v 11-12,states that backbiting or gossiping is forbidden,Surah Al Maidah ch 5 v 90 states that alcohol consumption is forbidden.May Allah guide you to the path of truth.Allahfiz
serenity101 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serenity101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2012 at 9:31pm
Nausheen, I have mainly did most of my research online and by reading some books, and even reading portions of the Quran. Do you suggest any good materials?

And thank you guys for all your replies. It has really helped me tremendously! ;)
5purplemarbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5purplemarbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2012 at 4:59pm
Hello and welcome, im so happy you are here and feel comfortable to ask these questions. We love to help.

I love some of the other comments, and i want to first touch on one, your question about do we really have a personal relationship with God. Love it. This is one of the most profound and emotional things that being a Muslim is about. I cant begin to tell you how I feel when I do my prayers daily 5 times, and this time is all for me and Allah swt, you feel a warth and a love, you feel so open and vulnerable but safe because Allah swt you trust with all you have, you give all you have, you can feel safe with the love you personally share with Allah swt.

You know what really changed me in a matter of seconds, is when I was on skype call with my friend and the call to pray sounded in his village the Adan.......i felt moments of a lifting of my spirit, something in me moved, I felt like I was home, even I had no understanding of Arabic. So I challange you to listen to a really good Adan, and come back and tell me what you feel.

Ok there is a really good reading online its .........http://www.sultan.org/books/muslimchristianialogue.pdf
read that, it was so interesting.

Also the one amazing thing you need to read is about Prophet Mohammad and his life. You will learn amazing things here.

I want you to know that the media has brainwashed so many people all over the world, I was myself brainwashed. But like one of the other members said to you already is that the curiosity you have is how Allah swt guides the right people to the truth. Blessings right there.

Hope to talk to you again.

asalaam alaykum and welcome here
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic