IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Woud like to learn more  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woud like to learn more

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daylloween1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woud like to learn more
    Posted: 04 September 2012 at 11:44pm
I am on the fence.
Naturally raised as a Christian I'm interested in learning more about the Islamic belief. I'm having extreme difficulties finding real believers as well as the Qur'an. I'm looking to get any advice to point me in the direction of a novice believer. Someone please offer some assistance, I'm all ears.

Thanks
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 9:04am
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 2:37pm
May peace be on the guided ones. Don't panic. In the age of internet, getting information is really not that tough. Just keep on trying to know more about islam. Read the quran. You can download it from many websites, or read online. Gradually, your knowledge will increase insha'allah. Be patient. May Allah show you the right path.
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 4:02am
Originally posted by Daylloween1976 Daylloween1976 wrote:

I am on the fence.Naturally raised as a Christian I'm interested in learning more about the Islamic belief. I'm having extreme difficulties finding real believers as well as the Qur'an. I'm looking to get any advice to point me in the direction of a novice believer. Someone please offer some assistance, I'm all ears.Thanks

As'alaamu Alaikkum (Peace be unto you)

To read the Holy Qur'an online there are lots of websites which offer English translations. Try www.quran.com

If I could give you a brief outline of what Islam is then I guess I would simply say that Islam means peace in the Arabic language just like when they say Salaam (both words taken from the same root word).

Almighty God whom the Arabs call Allah sends Prophets and Messengers to mankind to warn them when they do not worship God in the correct manner or when they go astray. The final revelation of such warnings is the Holy Qur'an which was revealed to Muhammed (peace be unto him) who was living in Mecca, Arabia in the seventh century AD. This Qur'an was revealed to him by the Archangel Gabreil over a period of time, roughly twenty three years. Muhammed (pbuh) is the final messenger sent to mankind by God, he is also a direct descendant of Prophet Abraham (pbuh)like all Prophets.

The main message in the Holy Qur'an is that the Jews have corrupted the Torah which was revealed to Moses and the Christians have made Jesus the son of god when he is only a human being and a blessed prophet and Messiah. The Qur'an is also a Mercy to all mankind as previously only the Jews were selected to His covenent.

If I have made any mistakes then it is from me and only Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is All Knowing and only He knows the Seen and the Unseen. Allah knows best.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic