IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interesting stories about Prophet Muhammad's child  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting stories about Prophet Muhammad's child

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qrvoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting stories about Prophet Muhammad's child
    Posted: 04 September 2012 at 8:27pm
Abdul Muttalib (Prophet Muhammad's grandfather) was more passionate with his grandson (young Muhammad) than with his own children. He never left the boy a prey to loneliness, but always preferred him to his own kids. Ibn Hisham reported: A mattress was put in the shade of Al-Ka'bah for Abdul Muttalib. His children used to sit around that mattress in honour to their father, but Muhammad used to sit on it. His uncles would take him back, but if Abdul Muttalib was present, he would say: "Leave my grandson. I swear by Allah that this boy will hold a significant position." He used to seat the boy on his mattress, pat his back and was always pleased with what the boy did. Source: Ibn Hihsam, 1/168.

It is also reported that during Amina's (Prophet Muhammad's mother) pregnancy, she felt no pain or discomfort. She had always heard women complaining about the hardships of pregnancy, but she felt very well. During these months Amina had many dreams. One night in a dream she saw a light coming out of her. The light was shining on castles of Syria. Source: Tabaqat Ibn Sa'd, 1/63.
jenniferolsen View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenniferolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 8:44am
Prophet Muhammad was an orphan. His father Abd Allah died before his birth, and his mother Aminah died when he was about 6 years old. He was taken care by his uncle Abu Talib.
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by qrvoid qrvoid wrote:

but if Abdul Muttalib was present, he would say: "Leave my grandson. I swear by Allah that this boy will hold a significant position." He used to seat the boy on his mattress, pat his back and was always pleased with what the boy did. Source: Ibn Hihsam, 1/168.

It is also reported that during Amina's (Prophet Muhammad's mother) pregnancy, she felt no pain or discomfort.

I don't think this unverifiable writings would be able to add anything above the Qur'an, it is unnecessary invention. The Qur'an is the only source of Muhammad's existence and his unique position. People who love this kinds seem to be in doubt of the Qur'an. Maybe even they have no idea what is in the Qur'an to start with.
janesi87 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janesi87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 6:17am
Originally posted by jenniferolsen jenniferolsen wrote:

Prophet Muhammad was an orphan. His father Abd Allah died before his birth, and his mother Aminah died when he was about 6 years old. He was taken care by his uncle Abu Talib.

i have the sam e idea with you. I also find this information and it is really believable. Other information is not officially so i don't trust it
Iqra101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iqra101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 4:06pm
If you want to learn more about our Beloved Prophet, the book The Sealed Nectar is a biography on the Beloved Prophet and his life. Many wonderful things to read, or you can read the Quran and there are many things one can learn and use in our lives today. http://www.readquranonline.net/courses.htm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic