IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHRISTIANS:YOU ARE NOT ISRAELITES  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHRISTIANS:YOU ARE NOT ISRAELITES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

I challenge you to provide an ethical teaching from the Quran higher than this � �You have heard that it was said, �Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.� 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.. �O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well- acquainted with all that ye do.� (Surah Al Ma�idah 5:8) �As to the Righteous, they shall drink of a Cup (of Wine) mixed with Kafur,- A Fountain where the Devotees of Allah do drink, making it flow in unstinted abundance. They perform (their) vows, and they fear a Day whose evil flies far and wide. And they feed, for the love of Allah, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive,- (Saying),�We feed you for the sake of Allah alone: no reward do we desire from you, nor thanks.� (Surah Al Insan 76:5-9) Qur'an: Surah 90   Al-Balad (The City) Nay, I swear by this city... We verily have created man in an atmosphere... But he hath not attempted the Ascent, Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Ascent is! It is to free a slave, And to feed in the day of hunger, An orphan near of kin, Or some poor wretch in misery. And to be of those who believe and exhort one another to perseverance and exhort one another to pity. Qur'an 2:177   Surah Al- Baqarah (The Cow) It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces to the East and the West; but righteous is he who believeth in Allah and the Last Day and the angels and the Scripture and the Prophets; and giveth his wealth, for love of Him, to kinsfolk and to orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and to those who ask, and to set slaves free; and observeth proper worship and payeth the poor due. And those who keep their treaty when they make one, and the patient in tribulation and adversity and time of stress. Such are they who are sincere. Such are the God fearing. Quran 002.280 If the debtor is in a difficulty, grant him time Till it is easy for him to repay. But if ye remit it by way of charity, that is best for you if ye only knew. Quran 005.045 We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers Quran 003.092 By no means shall ye attain righteousness unless ye give (freely) of that which ye love; and whatever ye give, of a truth Allah knoweth it well. "As for the orphan, do not oppress him; and as for the beggar, turn him not away." (Qur'an 93:9) Quran "Repel evil with what is best, when lo! he between whom and you there is enmity will be like a warm friend." (41:34) Quran

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Yes I recognize the ethical basis to these. They are about charity, justice and mercy and of course I respect that. All religions have an ethical basis to them, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">What particularly draws me to Isa is his call to lay down ones life not merely submission or attempting to achieve good standard in areas of justice, charity and mercy. He required these things but more. He requires and displays complete self sacrifice. He even forgave his persecutors and executioners while dying on the cross. And this is the central message of Christianity, God laid his life down for humanity which is the pattern for Christians to follow. To lay their own lives down.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Yes Mohammad had some high ethical sayings and deeds, but at the end of the day he was a man of the sword while Jesus was of peace.

suicide bombers must be your heroes too then.
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 1:55am

I challenge you to provide an ethical teaching from the Quran higher than this � �You have heard that it was said, �Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.� 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.. �O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well- acquainted with all that ye do.� (Surah Al Ma�idah 5:8) �As to the Righteous, they shall drink of a Cup (of Wine) mixed with Kafur,- A Fountain where the Devotees of Allah do drink, making it flow in unstinted abundance. They perform (their) vows, and they fear a Day whose evil flies far and wide. And they feed, for the love of Allah, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive,- (Saying),�We feed you for the sake of Allah alone: no reward do we desire from you, nor thanks.� (Surah Al Insan 76:5-9) Qur'an: Surah 90   Al-Balad (The City) Nay, I swear by this city... We verily have created man in an atmosphere... But he hath not attempted the Ascent, Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Ascent is! It is to free a slave, And to feed in the day of hunger, An orphan near of kin, Or some poor wretch in misery. And to be of those who believe and exhort one another to perseverance and exhort one another to pity. Qur'an 2:177   Surah Al- Baqarah (The Cow) It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces to the East and the West; but righteous is he who believeth in Allah and the Last Day and the angels and the Scripture and the Prophets; and giveth his wealth, for love of Him, to kinsfolk and to orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and to those who ask, and to set slaves free; and observeth proper worship and payeth the poor due. And those who keep their treaty when they make one, and the patient in tribulation and adversity and time of stress. Such are they who are sincere. Such are the God fearing. Quran 002.280 If the debtor is in a difficulty, grant him time Till it is easy for him to repay. But if ye remit it by way of charity, that is best for you if ye only knew. Quran 005.045 We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers Quran 003.092 By no means shall ye attain righteousness unless ye give (freely) of that which ye love; and whatever ye give, of a truth Allah knoweth it well. "As for the orphan, do not oppress him; and as for the beggar, turn him not away." (Qur'an 93:9) Quran "Repel evil with what is best, when lo! he between whom and you there is enmity will be like a warm friend." (41:34) Quran

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Yes I recognize the ethical basis to these. They are about charity, justice and mercy and of course I respect that. All religions have an ethical basis to them, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">What particularly draws me to Isa is his call to lay down ones life not merely submission or attempting to achieve good standard in areas of justice, charity and mercy. He required these things but more. He requires and displays complete self sacrifice. He even forgave his persecutors and executioners while dying on the cross. And this is the central message of Christianity, God laid his life down for humanity which is the pattern for Christians to follow. To lay their own lives down.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Yes Mohammad had some high ethical sayings and deeds, but at the end of the day he was a man of the sword while Jesus was of peace.

No. Thats a Muslim thing.
Anyway Im still waiting for your explanation as to why the Quaran refers to non Muslims as swine, donkeys,dogs, beasts and apes ?

Edited by Experiential - 29 November 2012 at 1:25pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 5:47pm

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

Anyway Im still waiting for your explanation as to why the Quaran refers to non Muslims as swine, donkeys,dogs, beasts and apes ?

Experiential,
I bet if you have paid attention to the verses you are talking about, you did not need to ask this question.

The verses are as follows:
5:60 (Y. Ali) Say: "Shall I point out to you something much worse than this, (as judged) by the treatment it received from Allah. those who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath, those of whom some He transformed into apes and swine, those who worshipped evil;- these are (many times) worse in rank, and far more astray from the even path!"
And:
7:166 (Y. Ali) When in their insolence they transgressed (all) prohibitions, We said to them: "Be ye apes, despised and rejected."

If you notice, it is not addressed to non-Muslims as you tried to claim it did. It directly deals with those who received guidance from God but rejected it transgressed and worshiped evil. So as a punishment God turned them as such. And God will punish them and those like them in the hell fire.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 30 November 2012 at 5:48pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2012 at 4:04pm

It still amounts to much the same thing to me Hoeto. God referring to people as animals.

iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2012 at 1:03pm

Could you provide references to your claim???
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2012 at 7:20pm

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">It still amounts to much the same thing to me Hoeto. God referring to people as animals.

Then I refer you to a language doctor, because this seems like a language hick up disorder!
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 12:19pm

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

(the words of Jesus)

19 There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

<span id="en-KJV-26493" ="text John-10-11"><sup ="versenum">11�I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-26495" ="text John-10-13"><sup ="versenum">13�The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-26496" ="text John-10-14"><sup ="versenum">14�I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-26497" ="text John-10-15"><sup ="versenum">15�As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-26498" ="text John-10-16"><sup ="versenum">16�And
other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring,
and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one
shepherd.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-26499" ="text John-10-17"><sup ="versenum">17�Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-26500" ="text John-10-18"><sup ="versenum">18�No
man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay
it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I
received of my Father.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-26500" ="text John-10-18">(the words of Jesus)</span>

<span id="en-KJV-26501" ="text John-10-19"><sup ="versenum">19�There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.</span>

�Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.� Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out the demons. Freely you have received, freely give. Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts; take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep." (Matthew 10:5)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334>
  Share Topic