IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHRISTIANS:YOU ARE NOT ISRAELITES  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHRISTIANS:YOU ARE NOT ISRAELITES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 34>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I'm pretty sure Christians know that they are not "Israelites" but they were "grafted in' to the family of God.
They do not need to be Israelites.
Do Muslims need to be Israelites to belong to God?
So I'm not really sure the point of the thread. ?

Jesus came for Israelites. Christians claim him for themselves. You do not see the point? Only israelites should be concerned with Jesus.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

I'm pretty sure Christians know that they are not "Israelites" but they were "grafted in' to the family of God.

Jesus came for Israelites. Christians claim him for themselves. You do not see the point? Only israelites should be concerned with Jesus.

Isaiah 42
A covenant for 'the people'
A light for (all) the nations

I can also defer to Experiential:
"first to the Jews, later to the Gentiles"
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:56am

Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Isaiah 42
A covenant for 'the people'
A light for (all) the nations

I can also defer to Experiential:
"first to the Jews, later to the Gentiles"
[IMG]smileys/smiley27.gif" align="middle" />

If Jesus says one thing and other people claim different, i have to take Jesus' word.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:21pm
I am deferring to experiential where he says;
"Read -
Mt 10:18; 24:14; 28:18-20; Mk 13:10; 14:9; 16:15; Lk 4:25-30; 24:47; Jn 17:20-21: Acts 1:8. 20:28 = Mk 10:45; Jn 3:16; 4:42; 12:32, Mt 8:11-12; 21:43; 25:31-32; Lk 13:28-30; Jn 10:16; 11:52."

Have you read any of what Jesus had to say of which he referred you to?

You would also have to read the acts of the apostles to understand how the message of Jesus was taken to include the gentiles.
Heart

Edited by Caringheart - 07 September 2012 at 7:22pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:04am

"Read -
Mt 10:18; 24:14; 28:18-20; Mk 13:10; 14:9; 16:15; Lk 4:25-30; 24:47; Jn 17:20-21: Acts 1:8. 20:28 = Mk 10:45; Jn 3:16; 4:42; 12:32, Mt 8:11-12; 21:43; 25:31-32; Lk 13:28-30; Jn 10:16; 11:52."
You would also have to read the acts of the apostles to understand how the message of Jesus was�taken�to include�the gentiles.
[IMG]smileys/smiley27.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Heart" />

Acts of the Apostles was written by Paul who started this Judo-Pagan new religion called Christianity. He has nothing to do with Jesus (pbuh) nor God. He is a liar and an agent for the Roman Empire.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Acts of the Apostles was written by Paul who started this Judo-Pagan new religion called Christianity. He has nothing to do with Jesus (pbuh) nor God. He is a liar and an agent for the Roman Empire.

Your latest conspiracy theory.  Unhappy
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2012 at 2:42pm
John 17
18 As thou hast sent Me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I set myself apart, that they also might be set apart through the truth.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in Us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest Me I have given them; that they may be one, even as We are one:

23 I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent Me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved Me.

25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known Thee: but I have known Thee, and these have known that Thou hast sent Me.

26 And I have declared unto them Thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved Me may be in them, and I in them. [Holy Spirit]

Edited by Caringheart - 08 September 2012 at 2:48pm
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

"Read -
You would also have to read the acts of the apostles to understand how the message of Jesus was�taken�to include�the gentiles.
[IMG]smileys/smiley27.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Heart" />

Abu Loren
Your facts are wrong. The Acts of the Apostles was written by Luke, not Paul. Further more as I mentioned in my other post to you Paul was a Jew. Isa was a Jew. Isa's friends � Peter, James, Judas etc were Jews.
Paul and the other Injil authors lived at the time of Isa. Mohammad did not and did not understand the Jewish traditions. He lived more than 600 years after Isa, Paul and the others so Mohamads version is not reliable.
Further more Paul was executed by the Roman Empire you seem to think he was an agent for. So what you say dosn't make sense.
If you are worried about pagan religion I suggest you show more concern for the pagan rock you bow to every day and try to kiss why you do the Haj.

Edited by Experiential - 09 September 2012 at 3:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 34>
  Share Topic