IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is a working woman to pay for anything in marriage  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is a working woman to pay for anything in marriage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 2:57am
As a muslim, they have given you so many examples from the quran and sunnah for your concerns.  But you continue to troll this topic again and again.  Because you are looking for someone to tell you that your way is the best way and you refuse to see the islamic way.  So that is why I was thinking that you are teasing muslims and our beliefs.  Islamically, when so many examples are given to a person, and that person refuses to see the TRUTH especially as a muslim, then we must not entertain them much with their insincere questions. 
I wish the best for you and your wife
Lady
Munnim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munnim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 10:28am
First of all, I am writing from my phone, which causes typos and at times disorganised messages when they stretch in length. But not more so than anyone can understand each point if they will.
Next: dear Lady. Sounds like you are excluding me from your religion? Can you really not tell that I am Muslim? And you say they (Abuayisha and Chrysalis) have given me many examples from Quran and Hadith but I refuse to acknowledge the truth. If you read my first post, I already acknowledged those same points, so I am not disputing them. I am looking for answers that deal with the issue I have, because it does not reflect the situation I am in. So it is actually you who don't address my question, but cling on to what I say is established knowledge. So all this discussion is without bringing anything new to the table. I have asked for answers specifically on women working, and no one who has had a say, knows it, as they have gone reverse every time. And only thing that stands are passages that contradict each other as both I and them have tried to passify arguments. And you all have got the idea that I would beat up my wife because I didn't like what Islam says. Which is absurd and sign of you not listening. And even disputing that the Quran says it, and Abuayisha translating differently that the most established Quran translators. It is then not me who denies 'our religion'
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Munnim Munnim wrote:

I can even beat her up, if she is out of control. Those are my rights.  The paths that have been discussed are all problematic and I don't wish to have to beat my wife because rights become a principle.

'If A Muslim man is displeased with some bad quality in his wife;, then let him be pleased with another quality which is good. '

The verse you cited in the Quran does not give permission for domestic violence.   Muslims are not to "beat up"  women, children or anyone else.  A Muslim is the one from whose hands and tongue other Muslims are safe.

Edited by abuayisha - 13 July 2012 at 7:38am
Munnim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munnim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 9:58am
That is what the Quran says. It's not all roses. "I don't have to cook, I don't have to clean, you can hire help if you want it done, I don't have to pay anything, you are the provider. I can work in Islam and what I earn is completely in my disposal, it doesn't mean beat ( although most regarded translators say it does). What is that? What man can live with that?? Now you all think about whether you only select what suits you. Whether you are reflecting the wives of Mohammad S.A.W. before you expect your men to be prophets.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 5:38am
I know a woman is a man's responsibility in Islam. I also know that a woman can earn money and keep it to herself.
I know that she does not have to work at home if her husbad can afford for domestic help.
I also know that islamically she is not obliged to contribute to the daily expenditure.

Now I m asking you all is there a wiggle room out of this so I can make my wife work at home, and pay bills from her salary.

Im not saying I deny she does not have to do this, but am asking is there an islamic way in which I can make her do what i want because I am finding it hard to live by those islamic rules which are so much in her favor and against my pocket and my bank balance !

Im just asking this and now you guys tell me you reject me as a muslim!

You guys know nothing about islam, showing me ayat, I already know (but do not want to pay heed to) which do not suit my situation, and then tell me Im wrong?

phew!!
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 5:42am
Dear Munnim,

Do you love your wife?

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

I know a woman is a man's responsibility in Islam. I also know that a woman can earn money and keep it to herself.
I know that she does not have to work at home if her husbad can afford for domestic help.
I also know that islamically she is not obliged to contribute to the daily expenditure.

Now I m asking you all is there a wiggle room out of this so I can make my wife work at home, and pay bills from her salary.

Im not saying I deny she does not have to do this, but am asking is there an islamic way in which I can make her do what i want because I am finding it hard to live by those islamic rules which are so much in her favor and against my pocket and my bank balance !

Im just asking this and now you guys tell me you reject me as a muslim!

You guys know nothing about islam, showing me ayat, I already know (but do not want to pay heed to) which do not suit my situation, and then tell me Im wrong?

phew!!

:)
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Munnim Munnim wrote:

That is what the Quran says. It's not all roses. "I don't have to cook, I don't have to clean, you can hire help if you want it done, I don't have to pay anything, you are the provider. I can work in Islam and what I earn is completely in my disposal, it doesn't mean beat ( although most regarded translators say it does). What is that? What man can live with that??

80-90% of all Muslim males ?

At least those who know what ''being a man'' is all about.

A lot of non-muslims like to tell muslims how muslim women are oppressed and men have an upper hand, I would love to direct them to this thread! Most women would agree that if their husbands were fulfilling thier responsibilities and understoood the above paragraph - they would have no issues with their husband being the Ameer or Leader of the house.  Privileges in Islam come with responsibilities.

Edited by Chrysalis - 15 July 2012 at 4:12pm
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic