IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am now a Muslim!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am now a Muslim!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeAtPeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am now a Muslim!!!
    Posted: 22 April 2012 at 12:39pm
I am so excited to say that as of late last night I am a Muslim. I'm a little scared I must say, not because I have chosen Islam but because I am a little lost. I know that Islam is the one true faith but unsure exactly what to do now. I still don't know exactly how to read the Quran properly and how to start my prayers. If someone could help me on what, as a new Muslim I should and need to do now I would be ever so greatful. Thank you in advance.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 10:32pm
Salaam/Peace,

Welcome to IC forum and to Islam. Hope you enjoy on both.

Take it easy, do it slowly but continue, no need to rush.

First learn how to pray (salat), in the beginning you can do it in English, while you learn the Arabic one. Here some link about salat:

- Salat in Video:

- Salat on pdf:

- Salat schedules:

- Book about salat:

Regarding read Quran, you can read the English translation. To be able to read in Arabic, it take time, many online service available, or you can by DVD/CD (software), or visit local mosque.

Again do it gradually, no need to rush, learning is never end, the prophet  (peace be upon him) said "learning is prescribed to everyone since he/she is on the cradle till pass away".

Edited by semar - 22 April 2012 at 10:50pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 5:44am
Welcome! Assalamu alaikum

abdelsalamlevin View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdelsalamlevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 9:39am
Mash'Allah!

Congratulations on becoming a Muslim! As a new Muslim myself I know how exciting and scary this can be (all at once).

Try not to get too caught up on the mechanics of ibadah (worship) right now.

"And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion;" 22:78

It's all about intention. Now, while you are a new baby muslim, and 50 years from now when you are a senior citizen muslim. Do your sincere best in the path of Allah and you will be fine. Most importantly, there will be a lot of people (brothers & sisters, myself included) online, at the masjid, at the restaurant, etc, who will try to twist Islam one way or another. They don't do it with malice. But remember that Allah SWT sent the best of teachers in his Prophet, Muhammad (peace be upon him) and the Noble Quran. And the rest of us are falible.

Private message me if you would like to talk.

Best of luck!
BeAtPeace View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeAtPeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 12:24am
Thank you brothers for the kind words and great advise I truly appreciate it. I will keep everyone posted on my progress and again thank you all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic