IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - God’s written instructions for life.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God�s written instructions for life.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 383940
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2011 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Kish Kish wrote:

Hi, as I wait for an answer to my first question, in my studies I�ve read this verse in the Quran, can someone shed a little light on it for me.

(S) 2:4 �[The righteous] trust what has been revealed to you and to others before you, and firmly believe in the life to come.�

Can someone explain to me what is meant by �what has been revealed� and also explain to me whom it was revealed to and what life it's referring to? Because this verse sounds as if it is giving advice as to how to achieve written instructions for life.

Kish

Hi Kish.  The verse is referring to the Quran which was to revealed to Muhammad (pbuh) and the previous pristine scriptures like the Torah and the Gospel which were revealed to Moses and Jesus (pbut), respectively.  The "life" to come is a reference to the Afterlife, which the Quran assures us will come. 

As far as your main questions, I think you have already taken the first step to finding God's written instructions.  They are in the Quran and the Sunnah.  Now of course, a Christian or Hindu may tell you that they are found in their own scriptures.  At that point, it is up to you to decide.  Pray to God for guidance and be sincere in your search and inshaAllah, you will find the answers you seek. 

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2011 at 9:56pm

Hi, as I wait for an answer to my first question, in my studies I�ve read this verse in the Quran, can someone shed a little light on it for me.

(S) 2:4 �[The righteous] trust what has been revealed to you and to others before you, and firmly believe in the life to come.�

Can someone explain to me what is meant by �what has been revealed� and also explain to me whom it was revealed to and what life it's referring to? Because this verse sounds as if it is giving advice as to how to achieve written instructions for life.

Kish

Edited by Kish - 16 July 2011 at 9:58pm
Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 1:55pm

Where can I find God�s written instructions for life?

That is my Question. I read, read and read but I know more is needed to please God fully. To be honest it�s quite wearisome at times reading different sacred books. From what I�ve read God does not speak to us directly as he did in the past so how does he communicate with people today? There are good people in every religion but I�m more of a spiritual person then a religious one. It seems that all the prophets did great things but that�s back then, what about now?  

I�m trying to find out which of the sacred books can stand the test of time (scrutinize). Can a person judge a religion by its followers, I guess, I really don�t know at this point. What I do know is that God is omnipotent and he offers something better and I can�t convince myself that he left it all up to chance. So, I�m concerned with the hard core facts, what his written word has to say and I guess everything else will work themselves out eventually.    

Where can I find God�s written instructions for life and please provide me with references (texts) so I can research it and compare one with the other and if I have any questions I�ll present them back here on this forum.    

Thanks in advance,

Kish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 383940
  Share Topic