IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help needed on sexual problem  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help needed on sexual problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zarak1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help needed on sexual problem
    Posted: 13 August 2005 at 3:47pm

Asslam-o-Alaikum.

I have a problem which I cannot discuss with my parents or siblings. Hence this post. I am 19-years old, and addicted to self-pleasure. I feel very guilty and sorry about this, I've tried to correct myself for the past 3 years but have failed. Can some brother please tell me what should I do to stop this habit? thank you.

Edited by zarak1986
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 7:56pm

As'Salaamu Alaikum Zarak,

Though I cannot justify your behavior which you have mention as a Muslim, but as a person as another guy to another I can understand. In actuality its quite normal. But Islamically it is prohibited. Actually brother there are forums here in which "masturbation" which is the self-pleasure I assumed you were referring to is considered a sin in Islam. There are ahadiths which refer to this but unfortunately there are no hadiths availabl where I'm at as I'm traveling right now. But, in accordance to some hadith it is said that when sexual desire is in the mind its best to do three things:

1) prayer

2) fast

3) Read Qur'an

Perhpas the reasons for this, is the sexual desire to please oneself takes time away from pleasing God. In other words while you are pleasing yourself, that time could be best utilized by praying to God or reading Qur'an. But if you happen to keep on doing this I suggest praying to God and asking for his guidence. None of us really can tell you what to do. Ask God what to do and he will help you brother....May Allah guide you aright

interracial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interracial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:25am
...And btw, masturbation is far better than sexual agression!

If all child molesters would practice self-pleasure instead of attacking children, we would be in a better world. Masturbation may be haram, as it is illegal for a christian, but at my eyes, this is minor, and biologically, it's a natural need.

Reginald Roy
Montreal, Canada

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 6:12am
Marriage. It will cure the urge for masturbation for about 7-9 years.

It cures all desire for sex after that.   
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 10:05am
LOL Bro David that was funny......
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 7:04am

Edited by firewall
Brother123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 5:31am
im cracking up here David lol
jabedi View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 6:54pm

An important thing is to make sure you are doing things.  Do you have a job? involved in sports? join a youth group or other non profit organization?   Keep yourself active.

Next I would say you should start looking for a wife.  These urges happen for a reason.  Learn your Islam, get involved with the community, and i promise you will find a good woman.

Temporarily, I would recommend self discipline.  You need to get some control over yourself.  The fact is that it is not common for someone to be in that much of a need to post this message in this forum. This is a problem if you are truthful.   In the meantime take cold showers and think of other thoughts.

Your brother,

Jawad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic