IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - not able to fast for ramadan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

not able to fast for ramadan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 9:08pm
Bismillah,
Assalamualaikum wa rahamtullah dear Cliffykat,

Subhan Allah, you have health and strength after going through treatment for ovarian cancer. MayAllah increase you in light of imaan, prosperity, health, and devotion to Him, ameen.

We must thank Him in all circumstances. it is His blessing that He has made the ways of approaching Him diverse for us. You cannot fast, but you can pray, recite the quran, seek astaghfaar, and send blessings on the Messenger of God (peace and blessings be upon Him) mashAllah. Do much rememberance of Allah, and ask Him for peace in earth, for prosperiety and happiness of your fellow muslims - there is so much you can still do, even if you cannot fast!

Seek the nearness of Allah with whaever you can - remember the ultimate goal is Allah, where fasting, prayer, and all other forms of worship are the means to Him. So keep your focus on the goal not just the means.

May He bless you much during Ramadan, ameen.

Edited by Nausheen - 04 August 2010 at 9:10pm
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
cliffykat View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 3:34pm
Dear Sisters,
I find myself once again torn about my ability not to fast during Ramdan.  I had ovarian cancer several years ago and the chemotherapy damaged one of my kidneys.  Due to this damage I must keep myself hydrated and drink water at regular intervals.  As such I can refrain from solid foods but cannot refrain from drinking.  I do not eat during Ramadan and try to drink the minimum amount of water that my doctor has decreed. Before my cancer I loved to fast and took great pleasure educating others on my fasting and Islam.  So today I feel sad knowing that Ramadan is fast approaching and I cannot fully participate.  I am look for others who are unable to fast and how you get through Ramadan and not being able to fas

Edited by cliffykat - 04 August 2010 at 3:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic