IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - not able to fast for ramadan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

not able to fast for ramadan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: not able to fast for ramadan
    Posted: 04 August 2010 at 3:34pm
Dear Sisters,
I find myself once again torn about my ability not to fast during Ramdan.  I had ovarian cancer several years ago and the chemotherapy damaged one of my kidneys.  Due to this damage I must keep myself hydrated and drink water at regular intervals.  As such I can refrain from solid foods but cannot refrain from drinking.  I do not eat during Ramadan and try to drink the minimum amount of water that my doctor has decreed. Before my cancer I loved to fast and took great pleasure educating others on my fasting and Islam.  So today I feel sad knowing that Ramadan is fast approaching and I cannot fully participate.  I am look for others who are unable to fast and how you get through Ramadan and not being able to fas

Edited by cliffykat - 04 August 2010 at 3:34pm
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 9:08pm
Bismillah,
Assalamualaikum wa rahamtullah dear Cliffykat,

Subhan Allah, you have health and strength after going through treatment for ovarian cancer. MayAllah increase you in light of imaan, prosperity, health, and devotion to Him, ameen.

We must thank Him in all circumstances. it is His blessing that He has made the ways of approaching Him diverse for us. You cannot fast, but you can pray, recite the quran, seek astaghfaar, and send blessings on the Messenger of God (peace and blessings be upon Him) mashAllah. Do much rememberance of Allah, and ask Him for peace in earth, for prosperiety and happiness of your fellow muslims - there is so much you can still do, even if you cannot fast!

Seek the nearness of Allah with whaever you can - remember the ultimate goal is Allah, where fasting, prayer, and all other forms of worship are the means to Him. So keep your focus on the goal not just the means.

May He bless you much during Ramadan, ameen.

Edited by Nausheen - 04 August 2010 at 9:10pm
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
cliffykat View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 8:47am

Nausheen,

Thank-you for your kind words.  They do comfort me.  I will do as you say and forget my sadness.  May Allah Bless you as well during Ramadan!

Divya_Mohammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divya_Mohammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 2:23pm
Assalam Alaikum,

I am a New Convert to Islam since the last three and half months and wish to lead the life of a pious Muslim woman.  I was a Hindu Brahmin girl from Tamilnadu India before I married my Muslim Husband about 15 months back. Since my wedding I am living with my husband and in-laws.

Although technically I became a Muslim in official records before wedding I was following Hinduism for over one year, as my Husband always told me that in Islam there is no compulsion in religion. As a result, I did not fast during last year Ramadhan.

I am now pregnant with twins and in my 15th month. Since my pregnancy, I became a pure Muslim and renounced my earlier faith Hinduism , as thanksgiving to Allah for giving me the total satisfaction of nurturing two healthy  Muslim babies inside my body.

I wish to know if it is compulsory to fast during the coming Holy Ramadhan month. Alternatively, is it haram if I fast, lest i do not fail in my motherly duties of nurturing my unborn babies. Or is it optional for me to fast, if I could ? Or can i fast on those days when I can and stop when I cannot.

Can any knowledgeable sister help me to guide me please ?

Allah Hafiz
Divya Mohammed Iyer

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divya_Mohammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 2:25pm
Assalam Alaikum

Please read my pregnancy since 15 weeks not months, which is erraneous

Allah Hafiz
Divya
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 11:08pm

Walaikum Salaam wa rahmatullah

Divya , read these links :

Edited by seekshidayath - 06 August 2010 at 11:09pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 11:17pm
Also this :

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/50005
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divya_Mohammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 12:05pm
Assalam Alaikum Sister Seekshidayath,
Thank you so much for your valuable information. It is clear to me now, as Islam is flexible enough to grant the leniency to a woman.

With the Blessings of Allah, I am of good health and my children also are growing well in the womb. I am also not anemic luckily.

I am confident that I shall be able to undertake fasting without endangering my own health or that of my daughter and son. I shall check up with a Muslima doctor and shall undertake Fasting during Ramadhan.

Hope I have a chance to undertake Fasting and fulfill one of the responsibilities, as a Muslim.

Allah Hafiz
Divya Mohammed Iyer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic