IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A river at your door  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A river at your door

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A river at your door
    Posted: 04 June 2010 at 10:30am
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم صلي على نبينامحمد و على آله و صحبه و سلم

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath in it five times a day would you notice any dirt on him?" They said, "Not a trace of dirt would be left." The Prophet added, "That is the example of the five prayers with which Allah blots out (annuls) evil deeds." (Sahih Al Bukhari Volume 1,Book 10,Hadith # 506) 

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 10:31am

"Verily, I am Allah. There is no god but I: So serve thou Me (only), and establish regular prayer for My remembrance". {Sura T�-h�, ayah #14} 

"Establish regular prayers - at the sun's decline till the darkness of the night, and the recital of the Qur�n in the morning prayer: for the recital of the dawn is witnessed." (Sura Al-Isr�, ayah # 7) note: How many of us sleep through this blessed time of Fajr Salah and lose this great reward! 
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 10:33am

SubhanAllah look this is the duwaa of Ibr�h�m (Abraham {AS}) mentioned in the Quran and even he asked Allah (swt) to make him one who establishes regular prayer! May Allah (swt) make us from those. 
"O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also (raise such) among my offspring, O our Lord!, and accept Thou my Prayer." (Sura Ibr�h�m, ayah # 40) 
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 10:36am

CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry         

Allah (SWT) says "Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Sal�t (the prayers) [i.e. made their Sal�t (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times, etc.] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell. Except those who repent and believe (in the Oneness of All�h and His Messenger Muhammad SAW), and work righteousness. Such will enter Paradise and they will not be wronged in aught." (Sura Maryam, ayat 59-60) note: Here we see what is the place for those who have abandoned the prayer but Allah (swt) is the most mercyful and gives us chances to repent and be saved. 
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 10:42am

Allah (swt) says in Sura Al-M�'�n " فَوَيْلٌ لِلْمُصَلِّينَ 
So woe to the worshippers 
5. الَّذِينَ هُمْ عَنْ صَلَاتِهِمْ سَاهُونَ 
Who are neglectful of their Prayers, 
times) 
6. الَّذِينَ هُمْ يُرَاءُونَ 
Those who (want but) to be seen (of men), 
7. وَيَمْنَعُونَ الْمَاعُونَ 
But refuse (to supply) (Even) neighbourly needs. 

note: This ayah shows us that we have to pray our Salah on its fixed timings and not dalay them without a valid reason (i.e. traveling, jihad etc..) and how much we need to have sincaerity in your prayer and do it only for Allah(swt). 

Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 11:34am

Prayer Chart

## Name & Type of Recitation Rak�ahs Prayer Time Sunnah Prayers
1 Dhuhr (Noon) Silent 4 It starts from the time the sun starts to descend towards the west after its zenith, and ends when the length of an object�s shadow is equal to the actual object�s height. 4 rak�ahs before and 2 rak�ahs after.
2 �Asr (Afternoon) Silent 4 It starts when the time of Dhuhr ends, and ends when the sun sets. None
3 Maghrib (Dusk) Audible 3 It starts when the Sun has totally set, and ends when red color of dusk disappears. 2 rak�ahs after
4 �Ishaa� (Night) Audible 4 It starts when the time of Maghrib ends, and ends at the first appearance of light before dawn. 2 rak�ahs after
5 Fajr (Dawn) Audible 2 It starts at the first appearance of light at dawn, and ends when the sun starts to rise. 2 rak�ahs before

Edited by Full of Hopes - 07 June 2010 at 11:36am
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 11:37am

Times when it is forbidden to offer voluntary prayer

It is strictly forbidden to offer voluntary prayer:
a.  When sun is rising
b. When sun is at its zenith (exactly overhead)
c. When sun is setting
d. Between 'Asr and Maghrib Prayer

Edited by Full of Hopes - 07 June 2010 at 11:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic