IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Apostacy  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apostacy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apostacy
    Posted: 28 April 2010 at 7:22am
Assalamualaikum warahatullahi wabarakatuh

I have just joined the forum and the purpose of me creating this new topic is due to a problem that I am currently facing.

A friend of mine, who's born and bred a Muslim has recently confessed that she no longer believes in Allah and has found light in a church called Born Again. She claims to have the gifts of laying hands on sick people and heal them, speaking in tongues and seeing visions of Jesus. Whilst I doubt all of these, she keeps on trying to convince me to, allow me to quote her, "accept Jesus as the Lord and be saved".

So what I am looking for is a way for me to bring her back to Islam without destroying our friendship. I really do not know where to turn to anymore since apostacy is considered a very sensitive subject not to be discussed openly here in Malaysia. Your views and help are very much appreciated.

Jazakullahu khair.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 3:49pm
The first thing that comes to mind is to challenge her politely to actually heal someone in front of a doctor.  When she fails to do that, which she will inshaAllah, that will prove that Jesus is not "Lord".  Also, refer her to the many Quranic verses which rationally debunk the "Jesus is Lord" belief.  Hope this helps.     
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:06pm
Here is another one, this is simple and worked in one personal case.
Once a man approached me and told me all what your friend said to you. He also said that holy spirit comes to him every night!
I posed him a simple question: you know in eastern cultures people normally don't know what is the full name of their mothers or grand mothers.
My wife had once asked me (she is from Mexico) what was the name of my grand mothers? I said I did not know, she as surprised. I told her I will ask my Mom next time.
Any way I asked the guy, "next time when the holy spirit comes and visit with you could you ask what was the full names of my grandmothers?"
I never saw him again. The evening I asked him that, his breath was unbearable for me because of alcohol.
So, what your friend is saying and claiming is simply not the truth, so sooner of later you can prove her being wrong.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

ahmed.zafar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmed.zafar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 2:21am
Try to argue with her that these things are impossible. Ask her to show you what she can do she will not be able to do it. You can also ask her what languages she can speck then find someone who can also speck that language and then make communication between them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic