IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - modest clothes for horseback riding?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

modest clothes for horseback riding?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aronell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: modest clothes for horseback riding?
    Posted: 27 September 2009 at 4:47pm
Assalamu alaikum

Is there nothing on the internet about muslimah horse riders? I heard something about an alternative olympics in Iran where there was at least one muslimah that rode in show jumping. I found one pic of her riding over a fence and I can't find it now. Nor the name of the competition. I found that by accident in the first place. There was an article that mentioned she had a special modest garment, and I can't seem to find a picture of it.

I'm looking, but it seems that I do not know the keywords that would let me find what I'm looking for. Can anyone put me in contact with muslimah equestrians? I've been horse crazy for 17 years and I want to be able to ride again....

There has got to be something.

Nora
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 8:47pm

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Allah

Welcome to the IslamiCity Forum. We hope you enjoy your stay and be our sister. 

Sweetie, I love  horses so much and I do love your hobby so much but I do not know how to do that. You should teach me. Tongue

I am sure Muslim women in past used to ride horses. And I have heard about some Saudi girls won horse races but not sure.

Will you like this? This is for you..

And this an Arabic girl form Bahrain

In fact, you can be a good Muslima in any good allowed field of this life. Just obey Allah and wear your Hijab and loose fitting clothes.May Allah be pleased with you..

If I find any more pics you like, I will add them hear inshallah..Wink

Take care.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 28 September 2009 at 10:12pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
manduri View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manduri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 12:36am
i am also a Muslim horse rider i use this kind of styles .u can get a tailor to make the first brown one.and the second one u can buy at rabiaz.com.
the first is brown.http://www.rabiaz.com/files/AW08RZ-Look%2017.JPGthe second is from rabiaz.com in the Dhabi fashion week.
HalaHala2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalaHala2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2012 at 6:27am
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Allah

Welcome to the IslamiCity Forum. We hope you enjoy your stay and be our sister. 

Sweetie, I love  horses so much and I do love your hobby so much but I do not know how to do that. You should teach me. Tongue

I am sure Muslim women in past used to ride horses. And I have heard about some Saudi girls won horse races but not sure.

Will you like this? This is for you..

And this an Arabic girl form Bahrain

In fact, you can be a good Muslima in any good allowed field of this life. Just obey Allah and wear your Hijab and loose fitting clothes.May Allah be pleased with you..

If I find any more pics you like, I will add them hear inshallah..Wink

Take care.

Salam! Thank you for the wonderful picture! I too love horse's and am a good rider. I'm working on my husband (smile Smile) to get me a horse.  Thumbs%20Up
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2012 at 6:28pm

[/QUOTE]Salam! Thank you for the wonderful picture! I too love horse's and am a good rider. I'm working on my husband (smile Smile) to get me a horse.  Thumbs%20Up
[/QUOTE]

Good luck! I am trying to get a cat or a puppy. I think I may succeed in getting a puppy inshAllah.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
joyful85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joyful85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 5:57pm
I love horseback riding!

I usually wear a pair of loose-fitting jeans and a long shirt that covers my bottom, or a t-shirt with a long-sleeve shirt underneath. I tie my hijab in the spanish style so that it doesn't get in my way, or catch on the saddle horn or in the reins.

I take my son riding every summer. He loves it! :)
Mella82 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mella82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 5:35pm
How wonderful to find other Musilmah equestrians! I believe there was another post on this matter by a sister not too long ago, but I haven't searched for it. I think it was more about riding on her private farm though, which wasn't in public.

I am a show jumper and I compete on the major circuits here in the USA including Wellington. Fortunately for me, in competitive show jumping, one doesn't necessarily have to follow the fad fashions as one would have to in hunters or equitation. There is no one judging you on the overall impression given by horse and rider. It's a matter of faults and time. The person with the least amount of faults and the fastest time wins, period, regardless of what one is wearing. Now, there are rules at rated/sanctioned competitions specified by the FEI (internationally) and the US Equestrian Federation (domestically) regarding what one can wear in competition.

To stay within the rules, this is what I wear: English riders are fortunate because their uniform for competition is inherently modest (except for the skin tight breeches!) I purchase plus sized breeches, even though I am not plus sized. I also use fabrics that are firmer and not as stretchy, so they hide my shape as best as possible. I wear normal field/dress boots as well as a typical ratcatcher/wrap collar long sleeved show shirt. I wear a normal riding coat in my usual size since in jumpers it's important not to have it be skin tight anyway. My hair gets tucked up into my helmet and all that is left exposed are my ears and about an inch of my neck. I use an underscarf underneath my helmet and place it so only a small bit of me ears are exposed. This works great since it actually imitates the popular competition hair style of having your hair over your ears! If you want to cover that last half inch of your neck that is showing, use an al amira style underscarf and tuck it into your show shirt.

When schooling at home, I just use loose breeches, half chaps and a loose turtleneck (or even a larger show shirt since the fabrics are so sporty these days!) plus my normal underscarf tucked into my shirt and underneath my helmet.

It's great to be part of such a modesty-friendly sport mashallah!
Siti H View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siti H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2014 at 3:56pm
Assalamualaikum everyone!

I'm so glad that there's some sort of Equestrian community on the net. It's kinda hard to find them. I'm just starting to learn how to ride and I actually face the same problems. There isn't an Equestrian clothing line available specifically for Muslimahs.

So I've decided to come up with one! I've created a short survey about it and I would appreciate it if you could fill it up. The survey can be found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VnX90Zc_yHl1arIGmxlZJe4a959En1Ru0cm8QTS01HI/viewform

If you know of any other Muslimah horse-riders, do link them up to this survey. Jazakumullah khairan jazaa'!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic