IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - what to do when husband leaves me  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what to do when husband leaves me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Asaalam ALaikum,

It is not about someone being a revert or not. This has happened to people who are not reverts.. There are bad eggs all over..

Yes, absolutely right. Lol, but I thought we had moved on to revertsConfused

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 3:44am

I was just saying that the revert are very good people. I did not mean to say they are easy to be cheated or they are weak. I am sorry if my language was not clear.
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 10:09pm

Salam sister fatima,

what i mean to say is if there are men who marry  citizen women to have a stable life and those women also need something from that man,i mean they come close to eachother for some kind of security,men need a better residence status and women need a secured life where she can feel that she is having a family,a spouse makes a person complete.its no harm if the intentions are good,but yes you should be very sure that you really wanna do this as there is big cultural difference.

Regards
sincere View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sincere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 9:52am
ConfusedAssalaam Alaikum,
 It turns out that my husband married this other woman without my knowledge  and things are bad. He demands that I accept her and welcome her with no problem, when I didn't agree with his marrying her in the first place.
anderson View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 3:41pm
If anyone can please help me answer this important question: how do I determine if I am already divorced or not?

When my husband left, he said it clearly and without doubt that he does not want to be married anymore. So do I automatically go into the iddat period (which are 3 menstrual cycles). When the 3 cycles come around, does this mean I am automatically divorced under first talak? I have tried to contact the imam at the mosque but no one wants to answer me. I have also tried to ask my husband to approach the islamic centre together with me to determine our status but he refused to co-operate. I am now left in the lurch not knowing what is my marital status. I went on the net and I saw a muslim blog that says you cannot be automatically divorced without an arbitration or final word from the judge. Is that true?
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by sincere sincere wrote:

ConfusedAssalaam Alaikum,
 It turns out that my husband married this other woman without my knowledge  and things are bad. He demands that I accept her and welcome her with no problem, when I didn't agree with his marrying her in the first place.

Walaikum assalaam,
Can he marry another women in the US? I don't know. Certianly here another wife is not legally accepted.

Have you spoken with your local imam about this? I would suggest this would be a good way forward, and the imam could speak with your husband to find out what is going on.

As he can't financially support you both either, and the situation is bad, maybe you should see a lawyer? Maybe they can help?

If you don't want to accept her then you don't have to. It is wrong for him to tell you after he has married her. Islamicly that is the wrong way to go about things. As such I guess he doesn't need your permision to marry another, but he should have told you beforehand .

What do you want to do sister? Do you want to remain married to him?
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by anderson anderson wrote:

If anyone can please help me answer this important question: how do I determine if I am already divorced or not? 

I went on the net and I saw a muslim blog that says you cannot be automatically divorced without an arbitration or final word from the judge. Is that true?

Assalaam alaikum sister,

I think talaq depends where abouts you live. I say that because in some places saying talaq 3 times seems to be enough .

In the UK however talaq must be done with paperwork and a muslim council for talaq to take effect. For this reason I have been unable to do khula as I cannot pay the feesUnhappy SOunds ridiculous doesn't it.

So I am unable to answer your question. Hopefully someone here might be able to set you straight.

How are you coping now? IS the situation still bad financially? It seems muslims still don't seem to be listening or helping you in your area. Where do you live sister? I am sure someone here might at least live in the same country as you and be able to contact another person more local to you.

fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2009 at 10:03pm
Salam,
sister i think your husband has to say talaq than only it is accepted as talaq,in my case in saudi i filed for talaq so my brother told me that if i give talaq to her directly the procedure becomes faster as there is no hearing and you dont have to meet kazi who will try to explain that it is not good to give talaq,so now i said talaq to her thru her brother so talaq is done only the paper work is left.hope this helps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic