IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - what to do when husband leaves me  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what to do when husband leaves me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 1:01am
Salam,
well thats correct,just because someone is muslim, doesn't means that he is a saint but that does not mean the whole community is bad or the whole race is bad,yes men do marry canadian woman to get canadian citizenship and that is also not right in islam.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 4:59am
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

this is not an Islamic way to discuss an issue. Men of all nations like the girls and follow them.

The traditional way to handle the problem is to brush it under the rug so that the "integrity" of brother remains intact while sister goes through hell.

Muslim men usually who are from 3rd world country( ie Arab,Pakistan,India) with no legal status here, try to marry Canadian woman here so they can get citizenship.

These men are very backward in thinking and are control freaks. They are also insecure because Canadian woman are educated, professional and know the language.

This is why they impose ridiculous restrictions on them in name of "Islam". Reverts got no one to ask for advice and are held in dark, while these so called husbands pick "virgin" brides back home for their next wedding.

Moment they get what they want, they ditch them and leave.

I am posting this so reverts, esp woman reverts would know that just because someone is muslim, doesn't means that he is a saint.

You are completely correct in what you say. You also know that I have posted much on these issues that often the revert women face. It isn't that we are st**id, just very trusting of other muslims. THe world can be a big, cruel place.

I was so pleased to be able to ditch my husband before getting his Indefinate Leave to Remain in the UK, which would undoubtedly have led to me being ditched and wife no 2 being brought over, all because of trusting a fellow muslim. It happens so much. Of course not all muslims act this way, though I was unlucky as I generally only met muslim friends of my husband.

I think if fais has the time to read my earlier posts he might perhaps appreciate the kind of abuse I put up with. And in all honesty, why would I for example want to take another husband? I am grateful though for those few Asian Muslims I worked with who were nothing like my husband or his so called friends.

I have come a long way since I first started posting. Then I was a desperate woman...these days I am content.

We should continue to warn the revert women. 

Edited by martha - 12 October 2009 at 5:05am
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 8:03am
Then there are plenty of women who marry fine Muslim men. And there are Muslim women who marry Muslim men her for the 'green card.'

There are good and bad people. The main thing is to do  the best you can to protect yourself. And sometimes bad things happen. Its life
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 8:53am
Salam sister hayfa,

i completly agree with you,women who marry such men also need some kind of security and most of the woman do well after marrying an expat.so considering few cases we cannot generalise and blame the whole race,
regards
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 10:13am
Originally posted by fais fais wrote:

Salam sister hayfa,

i completly agree with you,women who marry such men also need some kind of security and most of the woman do well after marrying an expat.so considering few cases we cannot generalise and blame the whole race,
regards

Can you explain more about this comment please. I do not understand what you mean
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Then there are plenty of women who marry fine Muslim men. And there are Muslim women who marry Muslim men her for the 'green card.'

There are good and bad people. The main thing is to do  the best you can to protect yourself. And sometimes bad things happen. Its life

OkSmile We should warn all revert men and women.
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 12:44pm

never accept a man without doing istikahar before, even if you are so sure of him. Allah knows the best.

May Allah save us.
  peace.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 13 October 2009 at 3:43am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 8:45pm
Asaalam ALaikum,

It is not about someone being a revert or not. This has happened to people who are not reverts.. There are bad eggs all over..
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic