IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Young love  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Young love

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghazali176 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Young love
    Posted: 14 April 2009 at 9:01pm
Assalamu Alaikum, I need some help. I'm 17 years old and I'm a practicing muslim. My religion is my life. I'm very active in my masjid, I'm a big seeker of knowledge, and I try to be the best Muslim I can. I met this girl in my masjid, and she is an amazing muslim, you know someone who when your around you get an iman rush, alhamdulillah. She's very quiet and modest, but somehow we just clicked since we're the same age and she helped me become a better muslim, and we fell in love. We started sending emails to each other but then we knew we had to stop. We have the intention of marrying each other, and she told her parents about us, and they're okay with it, but they don't want us to get married till after we're done our education so around 5 years or so, and it's the same with my parents. We have true love for each other, and she makes me a better muslim, but we're trying to figure out what should we do with the whole contact situation. How much can we talk to each other? Can we still talk in the masjid? How about online? I can't just ignore her, she's always on my mind. We intend to marry each other and our parents know that, but the wait is long. I'm glad alhamdulillah I met someone so great whom I love, but the wait hurts so much, so what do I do to get through this. Jazakallah. Salam.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 7:31pm

Walaikum Salam wa Rahmatullah

Welcome to Islamicity discussions.

Alhamdullilah, you and your friend are inclined towards Islam. So i have a reminder for both of you. A heart which possess faith {Iman} shud love Allah swt and His messenger the most. Kindly check it.

Second point, shaytan always enters thru good ways. We feel we are right, bit we don't understand that we are already in satan's trap.

Anyways, alhamdullilah, you have got consent from both parents. So please be patient till then. As far as i know, Islam does n't permit any contact unless and untill the girl is in presence of Mahram. Moreover, i shall share this, which crossed my eyes, while reading at a site of Amrkhaled.

He said that a boy approached him and had similar situation like yours. Following the advise of the sheikh, they stopped all there contacts, except that his sister conveyed any important message. After few years they got married and the boy today after 10 years says that the love between them even today is as fresh as when they were newly married. Sheikh said, its the barakah of all those years when they did not talk.

Remember my brother, you are following the command of Allah , when you are not in contact to her. Some forsakings for the sake of Allah swt shall give you fruitful results. To say that she's always in my thoughts ---- Kindly, jerk those thoughts and try to be busy with dhikrs. May Allah swt the Contoller of hearts, control us and help us be steadfast in deen.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 6:04am
As-salaam alaykum Warahamatullah Wabarakatuh

Well said,seekshidayath...Sometimes,or even most times,we "know" the right thing to do,but we 'humanly' let our emotions&desires take over our thoughts.In this case,what one can really pray for is Allah's guidance.Hope you also observed"Istikhaara'...be patient dear brethren...Allah stays with the patient ones....and may he guide your heart aright..ameen!
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 2:36am

I wish in today's age, the Parents would let young kids marry - if they really want to . . .so as to avoid fitnah, and save thier Imaan. For example in this case. . . People can still continue thier education after marriage cant they?

Parents probably think that thier children are not responsible enough to start a family - which can be true sometimes. . . So why not let thier children conduct a Nikaah - but delay the moving in, and starting a family part later? Once they are old enough, and the boy has a job or something.

Just my 2 cents.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic