IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fathering of Jesus.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fathering of Jesus.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fathering of Jesus.
    Posted: 13 December 2008 at 7:38am
Assalamu alaikum.

If Allah is the Father of Jesus and also Allah is the Father lights and mercy. In Israelite  religion and Judaism, Yahweh is called Father because of he is the creator, lawgiver and protector. Is Allah then not my Father? Why is only only the father of some one who walked on the earth, mothered, drink, eat, sleep and had friends and enemies? What is the gene pattern of Allah in light and mercy?
Friendship.
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum.

If Allah is the Father of Jesus and also Allah is the Father lights and mercy. In Israelite  religion and Judaism, Yahweh is called Father because of he is the creator, lawgiver and protector. Is Allah then not my Father? Why is only only the father of some one who walked on the earth, mothered, drink, eat, sleep and had friends and enemies? What is the gene pattern of Allah in light and mercy?
Friendship.
  peace to you my brother and friend
 very,very interesting observations. i'm at a loss at the moment. this truely requires some thought.

leland
love for all conquers all
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum.If Allah is the Father of Jesus and also Allah is the Father lights and mercy. In Israelite� religion and Judaism, Yahweh is called Father because of he is the creator, lawgiver and protector. Is Allah then not my Father? Why is only only the father of some one who walked on the earth, mothered, drink, eat, sleep and had friends and enemies? What is the gene pattern of Allah in light and mercy?Friendship.

Allah is your father...in the manner that he is the creator of your spirit.

My church refers to all of humanity as his children. This places an even greater responsibility on us as siblings. When we kill, we are all as guilty as Cain. When you hit your wife you are hitting the daughter of God and must someday answer to her very angry father. We are to honor and obey our father and creator.

Allah is the absolute creator. Of course, if Allah has no gender and no human attributes, you can also consider Allah your Mother....
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 12:50pm
Assalamu alaiki.

Sister Angela posted: Allah is your father...in the manner that he is the creator of your spirit.

Response: Thank you very much for giving me that honour. God (Allah) was the Father of Eve and the Father of Adam. The sons of God are the professors of Islam (Religion) who are not profane and strangers to Him.
Friendship
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 2:18pm
Hi ,
as a Muslim, I don't see any reason to call God, father. As the term father is a wordly term, has its weaknesses. To a child abused by his/her father this word "father" may bring bad memories and may stand for bad, something of an abuser and so on, not of devine characteristics.
In Quran, God is not mentioned as father of anyone. A muslim is very carefull not to add or substract to what is revealed by God. Thus God is our God, not father in Islam.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 15 December 2008 at 2:20pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 4:16am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Hi ,
as a Muslim, I don't see any reason to call God, father. As the term father is a wordly term, has its weaknesses. To a child abused by his/her father this word "father" may bring bad memories and may stand for bad, something of an abuser and so on, not of devine characteristics.
In Quran, God is not mentioned as father of anyone. A muslim is very carefull not to add or substract to what is revealed by God. Thus God is our God, not father in Islam.
Hasan

Salamalaikum Hasan,

I agree wholeheartedly what you said. Muslims should refrain from saying that Allah is our father, because Allah is Al-Ahad The Only One. For Muslim, it is very important to understand thoroughly Surah Al-Ikhlas -

Say: He is Allah, Absolute Oneness,

Allah, the Everlasting Sustainer of all.

He has not given birth and was not born.

And no one is comparable to Him.

We are not suppose to compare Him - The Creator - with any of His Creations.

Let's recite Astaghfirullah - I seek forgiveness from Allah.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 4:20am

The Holy Quran

Introduction: Surah Al Ikhlas

It is a 112th surah of the Holy Quran in order. Surah Al Ikhlas "Sincerity, Pure" was revealed in Mecca, Arabia on Muhammad (peace be upon him). the last Prophet and Messenger of God (Allah Almighty ) Almighty.The surah describe, There is only one Allah Almighty the Almighty, Who is unique in His person and attributes.

No one share these with Him. Only His Law is in force in the entire universe; and all mankind should also live under that one Law. This will create unity in mankind. (The inevitable outcome of the concept of oneness of the Creator is the singularity of law and unity of mankind). The total number of verse in this surah are 4.

Summary of Surah : verse 1-4

1: (In this connection it should also be clearly explained to your own people that your victory and success are not merely on account of your armed strength. Your success is in fact the result of the ideology or teaching which you present with reason and which you make people accept through logical arguments. The fundamental point of this ideology is the concept of Allah Almighty the Almighty. In the way you present this concept of Allah Almighty , it is not possible for a man who ponders intelligently over it, to refuse to accept it.

(i) There is only one Allah Almighty the Almighty, Who is unique in His person and attributes. No one share these with Him. Only His Law is in force in the entire universe; and all mankind should also live under that one Law. This will create unity in mankind. (The inevitable outcome of the concept of oneness of the Creator is the singularity of law and unity of mankind).

2: (ii). Allah Almighty is self-sufficient and everything else is dependent on Him for its survival, nourishment and development. He is like a firmly established lofty rock which itself is safe from all dangers. And everyone else rushes towards it for seeking safety and protection from deluge.

3: He has brought into existence every living being through the process of creation; not of procreation. (In procreation a part of the producer is passed on to the product. Thus the father, namely the producer, becomes somewhat deficient. This is not the case in creation). Neither did He give birth to any one, nor is He Himself a product of the process of procreation.

4: (iii) There is no one who can ever be His equal or His like.

(Leaving the few atheists aside, the majority of people in the world proclaim that they believe in God. God however is not visible whereby everyone can see and believe in Him in the same way as others. God is non-physical, non-visible and beyond perception. Therefore a person has to tie the belief in God to the concept of God which he or she has. If you have only one concept of God, it means you believe in God. If at the same time you also have another concept, it means that you do not believe in God inspite of your claim that you do. The true concept of God is that which God Himself gave about Himself. That concept is not available anywhere outside the Quran. Therefore to believe according to the Quranic concept means truly believing in God. This concept of God has comprehensively been given in these few words. A purer or higher concept about Him cannot be obtained from any source of knowledge. The secret of success lies in believing this God and as far as humanly possible, one should reflect God's attributes in one's personality. The nation that bears such high qualities shall be invincible. No other nation will be able to face them).
http://www.quran-gateofislam.com/quran_surah_al_ikhlas.asp

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 6:15am
Assalamu alaikum.

Nur Ilahi posted: A muslim is very carefull not to add or substract to what is revealed by God. Thus God is our God, not father in Islam.
Response: No Muslim with scholarship and Higher Criticism will call Allah his Father. Calling Allah one's Father was their understanding in the Book of Genesis that I quoted them. At least I am not putting them off from trying to understand Islam. The full text from Matthew Henry's commentary of Genesis 6:-2 is, "The sons of God( that is, the professors of religion (but we all know that it is wrong to translate ad-din or Islam as religion), who were called by the name of the Lord, and called upon that name). We call ourselves Abdurahman, Abdullahi, Abdulra'uf etc. I think that is one of the meaning of Chapter 16:25. Addition or subtraction to whet Allah revealed is a more serious issue in the Sunna of the holy Prophet than in Ta'wil. This unfortunately is what the majority of the Muslim do not guard against. 
Friendship 

Edited by Friendship - 16 December 2008 at 6:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic