IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > GREEN Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
    Posted: 16 July 2008 at 6:28pm
hey, about 6 months ago I helped found the Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative, working to get a sustainable heating infrastructure in our state. right now its estimated that at least 10% of Vermont households will not be able to pay their heating bills this winter...some state lawmakers are already calling it "Vermont's Katrina"

To try and ease the pain as much as possible, we're running a project to transfer low income family's to pellet based heating systems before the heating season really kicks in. To fund this we are starting up a carbon offset fund. I'll post here again as soon as the online payment system is up and running (we're using Google checkout), but if you're interested in learning more about us, or getting involved (if you're a VTer, or want to develop a sustainable heating plan for your own state), let me know.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by thomasd thomasd wrote:

hey, about 6 months ago I helped found the Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative, working to get a sustainable heating infrastructure in our state. right now its estimated that at least 10% of Vermont households will not be able to pay their heating bills this winter...some state lawmakers are already calling it "Vermont's Katrina"

To try and ease the pain as much as possible, we're running a project to transfer low income family's to pellet based heating systems before the heating season really kicks in. To fund this we are starting up a carbon offset fund. I'll post here again as soon as the online payment system is up and running (we're using Google checkout), but if you're interested in learning more about us, or getting involved (if you're a VTer, or want to develop a sustainable heating plan for your own state), let me know.

Even though I'm a technophobe. . .  .sounds gr8 to me!

Smile
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
valrossie View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valrossie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 9:36am
 The Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative (VSHI) is a group of high school and college students working towards a local and lasting energy future for Vermont. We would like to see Vermont become a self-sustaining state and even a net exporter of energy needs. This would provide Vermonters with an affordable and secure source of energy.
--------------------------
valrossie
Vermont Drug Addiction
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic