IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hatred within the Abrahamic faiths  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHatred within the Abrahamic faiths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 10:12pm

Israfil had honestly tried to get out of the mess and it should be enough for any one. But we had some discussion about the perfection of the word "Perfect" and its ramifications, borders. And we learnt that only God is perfect. Resting on that belief( right or wrong) the next step was naturally to say that no prophet was perfect. I wish there was no harsh feeling in the discussion.

I myself became afraid of using the word "perfect". I became careful. Now let bygone be bygone and coming to the topic:

There is much hatred amongst the various religions in the Abrahaimic line. Between Judaism and Christianity and Christianity and Islam and Islam and Judaism. I had mentioned that we should try to discuss and find out what caused all that. Once we will sort out the cause of that hatred (it may be ignorance or narrowminded attitude) then we will look into the internal fights of each of those faiths. Thanks.

Edited by minuteman - 12 August 2008 at 10:15pm
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 12:41pm
Ask for forgiveness because I said the prophet is not perfect? Because I maintain in the belief of his humanity and the excellence God found in him? Look, I'm seriously sick of your accusations and your self-righteousness. You are nothing to me but one voice. Go back to lecturing someone who actually listens to your garbage. You and believer would make a good couple. Both proseltyzing standing on top of your soap boxes and preaching how much people are sinning. Please spare me this nonsense. I guess I failed again by making a thread in which we all can examine the hatred within the Abrahamic faith. You Nur_Ilahi are a manifestation and example of exactly what I'm talking about in this thread. I'm done here.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 11:27am
It seems this thread has now become a continuation of the one recently closed.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 10:15am

Israfil, you made a a grave error to Allah in saying something that should not be said by a Muslim, and I am yet to see you asking forgiveness from Allah Subhanahuwataala.

I agree with Angel.. any mistake, error or sin we commit is between Allah and us. In fact we are not supposed to draw attention to ourselves by seeking or giving public attention.

And really how do YOU know he has not repented for any of his sins? That is very odd Nur for you to say.  How  can anyone know what is in anotyher's heart. Somehoe YOU seem to know.. which would put you on a level beyond any human I have ever met or heard of.. hmmm. Smile

If anyone wants a "confessional" might as well become Catholic so one can repent to the priests.. Smile
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Quite frankly, NO ONE needs to stand up for Allah/God. For a being who created the universe and all that is within and suppose to be all powerful, should not be insulted by us mere humans who are not perfect!!

Nur I wish you would stopping using such phrases as "you/person does not understand the meaning of such and such" because it is not inline with your learning or meaning!!! 

Please stop that! Smile 

Yes I agree with you Angel on the first part of this post. Allah do not need us, it is us who need Him. If we love Allah Al-Haqq, if we love His religion with sincerity, we would want to see others also in the True Path. Not leading others away from the True Path. Indeed we are not perfect, we sin always, that is why Muhammad Rasulullah taught us to ask forgiveness from Allah Al-Ghafur (Most Forgiving) at least 100 times a day by reciting Astaghfirullah.

On the second part of your post, the reason is nothing more than to test someone's aqidah.

nothing more than to test??? 
Like I said, please stop using that phrase so often, it's not like a one off thing here or there, its lot and its unnecessary.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Nur_Ilahi with all your self-righteousness you don't get it I suppose. You don't know me over the internet. Know do you know me in real life. Becareful in assuming what I am.

Israfil, you made a a grave error to Allah in saying something that should not be said by a Muslim, and I am yet to see you asking forgiveness from Allah Subhanahuwataala.

Why do you need to see Israfil asking for forgiveness? It's none of your business really, its a private matter between him and God not you or the public.

Edited by Angel - 12 August 2008 at 6:48am
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 6:26am
Hayfa wrote -
Islam has many beautiful aspects...that in our human weaknesses we cannot uphold. It can be class divide, ethnic/ race, gender, supposed proponents of "i know more than you" groups.. everyone wants to break people apart.

The reason for the weaknesses in Muslims is nothing more than lack of knowledge. Knowledge not only in spirituality but also in worldly knowledge. Iman (faith) is not enough. It must go hand in hand with ilm (knowledge) and 'aml (practise). Then it will be complete.

When a Muslim have all these, there will not be such things as class divide, ethnic/race gender etc. The three elements of iman, 'ilm and 'aml will succeed in creating a Muslim who is full of taqwa. (humble piety).

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 5:51am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Nur - GOD using His Word created all.  Jesus is GOD's Word made flesh.  GOD's Word was at the beginning of time, but is under the command of GOD.  Each time GOD has wanted someting created He says and it is.

Jesus was created with the word of God. BE! And it BE!

If He could create the furthest of the planet or the tiniest of an atom, creating a man in a woman's womb without an interference from any man, would be such simple act.

In seeing the Greatness of Allah all around us, we declare AllahuAkbar!
Allah is the Greatest!
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
  Share Topic