IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - sucide bombers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sucide bombers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibnoumer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sucide bombers
    Posted: 17 June 2008 at 1:07am
Confusedasselamualeykum what is ur opinion towards sucide bombers? please give me ideas concerning on qu ran & hadeath.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 10:09am

Salaam Alaikum,

Suicide bombing is unislamic and haram. Its haram coz its suicide with the possibility of murdering innocents. Suicide amounts to disbelief and murder is the 2nd greatest sin. "Cause" doesnt justify the "means".

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Ruhi Islam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruhi Islam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2008 at 1:38pm
Salamu alaman atabal huda, peace to those on the guidance

I don't think a 'suicide bomber' (which by the way is a misnomer or false terminology coined by the western world) is committing suicide as such, it's more of a war tactic than anything else, hence it should be called martyr operations or tactics or something like that. Allow me to explain: A person who commits suicide is one who has lost hope and their intention is to kill none but themselves right? Allah sw knows best as to the fate of these people (the Quran states those who commit suicide will abide in hell forever and Allah sw anger and curse is upon them).

However, the intention ('actions are by intentions') of palistinians is not to kill themselves, rather the enemies, throwing stones doesn't get very far, and so their only means at getting back at the enemy who by the way has the full support of the US is by blowing themselves up. I know that sounds terrible and in the process, innocent lives of civilians are lost which is not what Islam advices in the context of war, but that is a different story altogether.

What the Palestinians are doing is an act of resistance, they are trying to protect their families and their land and above all, to fight the outright enemies of Islam. The Islamic Fiqh Academy stresses that martyr operations are a form of jihad, and carrying out those operations is a legitimate right that has nothing to do with terrorism or suicide. Those operations become obligatory when they become the only way to stop the aggression of the enemy, defeat it, and grievously damage its power. I am not condoning nor am I condemning such measures as I am not very educated on this topic.

In Islam, perhaps it doesnt explicitly say you can strap explosives to your body and bomb yourselve up, but then again, where in Islam does it say you cant smoke? This is where Islamic jurisprudence comes in, taking the Quran and hadiths, and infering or giving fatwas based on it. It's the same here. With the loss of israeli civilians, well what can you do, these palistinians clearly cannot enter amidst the israeli forces due to the tight security so their next best bet is the streets. And why be concerned about that when millions of innocent lives on the other side are being taken? I know a life is a life, i know two wrongs does not make a right... but this is not fair, it's injustice and oppression.

By the way, you know that many palistinians have died as a result of fellow palistinians blowing themselves up right? I am uncomfortable with calling them martyrs, clearly, it's a different notion to the martyrs we are used to from the seera (islamic history) but just as equally, I am uncomfortable with calling them suicide bombers.

So in sum, I do not think it's a cowardice and a criminal act, without an iota of doubt, what the israelis and the US is doing is a google times more cowardice and criminal. We have to understand the context, remember the importance of context! And we have to understand the situation and the history and the people involved.

Just before I forget, I doubt it so much that these palistinians have been brainwashed, they have not been brainwashed as western propaganda suggests, they are people whose tolerance and patience level has been crossed from every angle possible, these people are pissed off more than you can imagin, hence they resort to such measures. That is just my understanding anyway, who knows, maybe my stance will change in the future, but for now, Allah sw knows best.

Also, do you think if other countries supported Palistinians, they would resort to such measures? It is easy to call this haram, unislamic and what have you, but I think we need to go deeper than that, lets look at the roots.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 10:27am
Originally posted by ibnoumer ibnoumer wrote:

Confusedasselamualeykum what is ur opinion towards sucide bombers? please give me ideas concerning on qu ran & hadeath.

Assalamu Alaikum,

"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land."

Qur'an 5:32

Also, it is important that we refer to expert scholarly sources to learn about Islam. 

May Allah guide us all.

Peace
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 9:02am
Assalamu Alaikum,

Sister Ruhi, please read 'The Hijacked Caravan' and decide whether 'suicide bombing' is 'martrydom operation' or just 'suicide bombing'.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum,

Sister Ruhi, please read 'The Hijacked Caravan' and decide whether 'suicide bombing' is 'martrydom operation' or just 'suicide bombing'.

Thanks for the piece, Insha'Allah Ill find the time soon for it.

Shukran JazakAllah
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 11:12pm
'Suicide bomber' Tag is a western invention to make the act look bad.
Any soldier going to war knows that he/she has a high risk of getting killed.

The heroes of all the wars for which they are given the highest honour of their country; like VC in UK have all committed suicides. When a soldier does an act during the war knowing that the death is inevitable, is called a hero & honoured as such. What's the problem when a muslim shows an act of heroism in the western definition?

Talk of killing innocent people? What the israel has done in lebanon and is doing in palestine? What the US is doing in Iraq? What the US & NATO is doing in Afg?

Why do some of us gets cought by the self contradicting western propagandas? Is it Lack of Iman? That they are forced to think an act of heroism by a muslim to be wrong, just because of the western propaganda?

"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 4:05pm
Martyrdom operations are totally permissible.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic