IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Did Khomeini promote child abuse?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did Khomeini promote child abuse?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rezz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did Khomeini promote child abuse?
    Posted: 10 October 2007 at 1:53am

I recently had a conversation with an ex-Muslim Iranian who was discussing Islam and paedophilia. I was particularly concerned about his claims regarding the practice of �thighing� and an alleged Fatwa by the Ayatollah Khomeini.

I found this on Wikipedia. (I know this is not 100% reliable)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_children

Khomeini's view

"A man can marry a girl younger than nine years of age, even if the girl is still a baby being breastfed. A man, however is prohibited from having intercourse with a girl younger than nine, while other sexual acts such as foreplay, rubbing, and kissing are allowed. A man having intercourse with a girl younger than nine years of age has not committed a crime, but only an infraction, if the girl is not permanently damaged. If the girl, however, is permanently damaged, the man must provide for her all her life. But this girl will not count as one of the man's four permanent wives. He also is not permitted to marry the girl's sister."[34][35]

Khomeini specifically described an act known as thighing that allowed an adult male to simulate sex with a female child without penetration:

"Thighing is a means for an adult male to enjoy a young girl who is still in the age of weaning; meaning to place his penis between her thighs, and to kiss her."[36]

I can�t believe this is true. Is it?

I�d particularly appreciate any input from Shia Muslims on this Forum.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 2:58am
I have no idea but not sure it is Islamic... more knowledgeable people then I would know..
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

I have no idea but not sure it is Islamic... more knowledgeable people then I would know..

I think its common sense, konami follows shia Islam, different from the main stream.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 7:35pm
Khomeini does not represent orthodox Islamic views.  The Shia account for less than 10% of the Islamic world.  It is interesting that he says that a man can marry a baby which is being breastfed, and yet the Prophet (pbuh) said that a marriage can only be performed between two consenting individuals.  Furthermore, the girl to be wed must have the choice in choosing the man she wants to marry.  She cannot be forced.  How can a baby which is still being breastfed consent to a marriage?  How can her consent be confirmed?  The answer is that she cannot.  Therefore, Khomeini's claims stand refuted.  Muslims follow Allah (swt) and His Messenger, not Ayatollah Khomeini. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Rezz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rezz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 5:15am
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Khomeini does not represent orthodox Islamic views.  The Shia account for less than 10% of the Islamic world.  It is interesting that he says that a man can marry a baby which is being breastfed, and yet the Prophet (pbuh) said that a marriage can only be performed between two consenting individuals.  Furthermore, the girl to be wed must have the choice in choosing the man she wants to marry.  She cannot be forced.  How can a baby which is still being breastfed consent to a marriage?  How can her consent be confirmed?  The answer is that she cannot.  Therefore, Khomeini's claims stand refuted.  Muslims follow Allah (swt) and His Messenger, not Ayatollah Khomeini. 

Thank you islamispeace. I�d like to assure you that I did not believe for one moment that such practices were sanctioned by mainstream Islamic view.

I was mainly interested to know if anyone had information about whether the quote attributed to Khomeini was genuine. Or was it a malicious lie to discredit him?

Has anyone here heard of this quote before?

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 7:21am
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

If it bothers you so much why dont you go to wiki and edit it, im certain someone else will change what you wrote soon after that and so and so on, thus is the nature of wiki the idiots encyclopedia.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
sulooni View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sulooni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 9:34pm
www.insight-info.com/forum/default
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 11:08am
Brother/Sister Sulooni,

Instead of making statements with the intention of promoting your website (congratulations by the way!), can you actually demonstrate that Khomeini never said such a thing.  This is what Rezz asked, and so far no one has proved the statements to be false.  I have not studied Khomeini's teachings, so I cannot comment.  What I did make clear was that if Khomeini did say such things, he is easily refuted by orthodox Islamic views. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic