IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sunni Shiite Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunni Shiite Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 3:50pm

Salam ala kum Firewall,

If you investigate the matter for yourself, you will see that the shirk (division) happened immediately after the death of Rasulallah (a.s.), and this division was caused by those who disobeyed the direct orders of the prophet given at Ghadir Khum (look it up, don't take my word for it), or, see the "Hmmmmm" topic in this forum (where much of the evidence and references are presented).

I have heard that it is illegal in Malaysia to claim that you are a Shia. If this is true, then I understand why you have this opinion. The most important (and primary) duty of every Muslim is to obey Allah and his messenger. If a person disobeys, then seperating from them is obiedience to Allah, not fitna.

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
Abu Hadi View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Hadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 4:29pm

Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Rahim

Salams to br. Jello, Ali Zaki and others

WHO WINS WHEN THE MUSLIMS ARE DIVIDED?

In other words, who derives the benefit from this situation that we are currently in.

ANSWER:
The Kafirs, The Mushriks, and the Zionist enemies

So all of you, delight and others who have posted hate and baseless accusations against other muslims please explain yourselves and let me know what you are trying to accomplish....?

I haven't felt the need to respond until now, but this is getting ridiculous...!

If you believe that the Shias are Kafir or Mushrik, please make your argument, instead of just name calling. This forum has great potential to be a center of exchange of ideas and information amoung the followers of Prophet Muhammed(p.b.u.h), unless it is sidetracked by name calling, bad behaviour and propaganda. These should have no place in a forum, such as this, and the administrators of this site should enforce those policies. I do not believe in censorship, but I agree in enforcing policies regarding manners that are part of our religion. The Prophet Muhammed(p.b.u.h) taught us not to demeen, humiliate, or name call anyone, including the Kafir. So even if you believe that the Shias are Kafir, you still should not belittle, name call, or spread false accusations. This is according to the Prophet we both follow. As for me, I am a Muslim. I accepts the Jaafari school as my madthab. I also live in America, in Dearborn, Michigan and I go to Salat Jummah every Friday at the Islamic Center of America, the largest masjid in the United States. I do my Salat next to anyone who is next to me, and I don't ask if they are Shia or Sunni. By the way, there are many followers of Ahl Al Sunnah who attend this mosque and pray behind the Imam, who is a follower of the Jaafari school. So to all the name callers know this, even though you may hate me, I don't hate you. I consider you to be my brother and sister in Islam and would like to have these discussions continue, but without the hate, negativity, and backbiting,

wa salama

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 3:14am

Edited by firewall
new_muslimah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new_muslimah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 10:07am

What ISLAM stays silent at this brutal Attack?

What will salafis say about this ?

Nineteen dead in suicide blast at Pakistan Muslim shrine

ISLAMABAD (AFP) - A suicide bomber blew himself up in the middle of a crowd of Shiite Muslims at a shrine close to the Pakistani capital, killing at least 19 people and injuring dozens, doctors and witnesses said.

Hundreds of pilgrims were celebrating an annual festival on Friday when the bomb exploded at the Bari Imam shrine, which is just north of Islamabad and near diplomatic and government buildings including the prime minister's residence.

"There were pools of blood everywhere and the bomb scattered body parts inside and outside the shrine. It was a very gory, sickening scene," Mohammed Amjad, a witness, told AFP.

The majority of the worshippers marking the anniversary of a 17th-century Muslim saint's death were members of Pakistan's minority Shiite community, witnesses said. In previous days the worshippers have been mainly Sunnis.

Thousands of Pakistani Shiite and majority Sunni Muslims have died in sectarian carnage in recent years through bomb blasts, suicide bombing and targeted killings. Last year 160 people died.

Police said they found a decapitated head lying on the floor of the shrine several yards away from a dead body after the latest bombing, which happened at about 11:20 am (0620 GMT).

"It seems to be a suicide attack. The investigators are going towards this," Pakistan's Information Minister Sheikh Rashid told AFP.

"It was an act of terrorism," Tariq Pirzada, a senior Islamabad administration official, told AFP, confirming that 19 people had died.

He said "there is strong suspicion" that a mutilated body at the scene belonged to a suicide bomber.

Pakistan's military ruler President Pervez Musharraf expressed "shock and profound grief" at the blast and ordered an inquiry to track down the culprits.

"The president strongly condemned the heinous act of terrorism and directed the concerned authorities to provide immediate relief and medical treatment to the injured," an official statement said.

The attack came as US Assistant Secretary of State for South Asia, Christina Rocca, visited Pakistan and hours before Islamic hardliners staged mass protests against alleged abuse of the Koran at the US detention centre in Guantanamo Bay.

Doctors said 18 bodies and 50 wounded people were taken to Islamabad's Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences hospital, while another body and six other wounded people arrived at City Hospital.

Polyclinic, a third hospital, said 23 injured were brought in, of whom eight were fighting for their lives.

"The congregation was in progress. Around 400 people were there, when a man walked in and started towards the stage where a Shiite leader was delivering a sermon," Amjad, the witness, said.

"When the man got close to the stage there was a big explosion and there was panic all around."

Worshippers in traditional Pakistani clothing wailed and beat themselves amid scenes of chaos after the blast.

The shrine, in the village of Nurpur, is dedicated to Sufi Muslim saint Shah Abdul Latif Kazimi, known as Bari Imam, who helped bring Islam to the region.

The Sunni custodian of the shrine and two other people were shot dead near the compound in February. Both sects claim the shrine is theirs but it has been controlled by Sunnis for the past two decades.

In March, 39 Sunni and Shiite devotees died in a blast at another Sufi shrine in the remote southwestern town of Fatahpur.

Traditional practices by Sufi Muslims, who follow a mystical branch of the religion, are frowned on by some conservatives and this week a number of religious scholars criticised the Bari Imam celebrations.

A group of senior Pakistani Muslim clerics this month declared as un-Islamic suicide bombings and attacks on ordinary citizens and places of worship

saalih View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saalih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 8:21am
what are shia's views on uthman , no hard feelings.(out of curiosity). i heard shia say a lot of bad things about uthman, but i won't to hear it from a shia
Ali Zaki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 9:02am

Salam Shakur,

As a regular Shia (12er, non-Scholar) I will give you my understanding of the Shia position on Uthman, which would generally apply to Abu Bakr, Omar and Uthman.

First, the disagreement between Shia and Sunni on the place of these individuals in Islamic history is not because of any hatred for these individuals or any personal animosity towards them. The problem is simply this;

Our Sunni brothers claim that the Prophet did NOT nominate his successor during his lifetime. As a result, it was neccessary for the Umma to select a successor to the prophet based on an electoral process. The Shia disagree with this, and present evidence for their claim (from sources accepted by both Shia and Sunni) of Imam Ali (a.s.) as the successor to the Prophet that was explicitly chosen by the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) during his lifetime. (see "Hmmmmm" topic on this forum).

Why does it matter?

The reason that this is important is because the Shia believe that the Prophet would not nominate someone who is not qualified to succeed him. Since the first three Caliphs were NOT choosen by the prophet (this we agree on), there is no evidence that they were actually qualified to fulfill the role of the Prophets (p.b.u.h.) successor. In fact, there are many unfortunate and tragic events that occurred during the time of the first three Caliphs, and particularly during the Caliphate of Uthman, that were a result of poor judgement and leadership. The Shia would say that the civil war that occurred within the Muslim community was a direct result of a lack of proper judgement and guidance by the first three Caliphs. This does not mean that that they had any bad intention, and Allah alone is the judge.

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
saalih View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saalih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 7:28am
are you saying ali was more qualified than ali. the prophet said that abu bakr had more faith than all of the world put together ( including ali's). 
Ali Zaki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 7:46am
Source?

Imam Ali (a.s.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic