IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For All the Cindy Sheehan Haters!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For All the Cindy Sheehan Haters!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 2:45pm

and Whisper and others

Just gone speechless for being included amongst such fine figures.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to stereotype anyone here at all, but do I sense a bit of Arab in you? for only they possess the depths to be able to afford to "know of heavens even while talking only about camels".

I won't even attempt to thank you.

ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

a famous French Queen  in history who once made a statement when she heard that her subjects were starving in the streets and were clamoring at the gates of the palace for bread. She stated "Well, then let them eat cake". Which was a contributing factor in the start of the French Revolution. She went headless shortly after that.

And an in-famous american Queen said on a tour of hurricane relief centers in Houston: �What I�m hearing is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this [she chuckles slightly] is working very well for them."

Look out OPS will get you for that! Beware of those who have nothing better to do that harass Muslims in their home!

I've been waiting for you to show me where I "spit" on you, what you can't find it? Anyways, why would I care what she says about some idiot in the south who thinks people like being without a home and away from family? I only call you on your bull so if you only post truthful statements or at least show some type of proof of what you claim maybe I will agree with you as well. Well I won't ever agree with you on terrorist as you seem to idiolize them and I just won't be a part of that. But if you want to bash Bush or any of his cronies in Washington then by all mean let's see who can find the most dirt on him as I don't believe anything that crook says. Maybe we can talk about the facists direction America is taking? Just try your hardest though to admit that even Muslims can be crooked and I'm all ears.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

..when I was young hash brownies were all the rage of the folk who liked to imbibe in drug induced pastimes..

Sister, we must be the same age. 

And by the postings of some of our esteemed "dialogue-seekers" here, I suspect that they are either still "imbibing" or are suffering from the after-effects of the after-effects.

Sorry ladies I'm not old enough to part of the hash group but now I understand where some of your thinking has came from.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 3:07am

Edited by Hanan
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 4:11am

Edited by Hanan
Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 2:38pm
Hanan, thank you for this!

Ops154, what happened? What are we to do now? No longer thank
our lucky stars?

I'm lost ....
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 2:57pm

Hanan,

Would you think that to a degree all humans have a bit of racism in them?  Society and culture often foster a lack of understanding.

I know I used to apologize constantly when dealing with other races.  I grew up in a town where there was no racial diversity.

Quote As of the census of 2000, there were 803 people, 357 households, and 213 families residing in the borough. The population density was 756.2/km� (1,949.9/mi�). There were 397 housing units at an average density of 373.9/km� (964.0/mi�). The racial makeup of the borough was 99.25% White, 0.12% African American, and 0.62% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.87% of the population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxton,_Pennsylvania

Given the lack of contact with other cultures and races, I naturally grew up with many misconceptions about other groups.  This is the case with many people I think.  Small towns far outnumber large cities and isolation from the world at large affects groups all over the world.

Racism is based in the lack of education and exposure.  My father once proclaimed (when I was very small) that if I ever dated a black man, I was not welcomed home.  Then he got out of Saxton and worked in Pittsburgh and other large cities.  He experienced and grew.  And when I dated a black man years later, he welcomed him with open arms.

Too often people scoff and meet racism with a nasty attitude, this just reinforces the racist attitude of those people.  Instead, I propose the battle against racism is thru exposure and openness.

There was a lovely thread here about attending a mosque as a Non muslim and how a mosque opened its doors and invited outsiders into their world.  It profoundly changed those that went.  If we were to all throw open the doors of our lives to others, we would allow for the exchange of ideas, culture and knowledge.  Then when people talked about another group, there would be a human connection, not just a preconceived notion.

ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 3:36pm

Originally posted by Duende Duende wrote:

Hanan, thank you for this!

Ops154, what happened? What are we to do now? No longer thank
our lucky stars?

I'm lost ....

I've known that you were lost but admitting the problem is half the battle!!! I changed it as I get tired of people not listening and then I have to repeat the same thing over and over.

Edit:  Better?

Edited by ops154
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic